PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Super Surfer

Classic
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Has anyone seen the new 2005 Great Dane Super Surfer? I have heard that there is a ton of changes but have not seen one in my area yet. No dealers have them in stock as of yet.

I look forward to seeing this new Super Surfer! I have an 02 model and might be looking to upgrade.

If you have seen one let me know what you think.

promower
03-13-2005, 01:59 AM
I didnt know the new models were going to have significant changes. I have to stop by the dealership this week and see if they have one or know more about them. I was thinking about adding another 61" so hopefully I will like the new model.

jc1
03-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I looked at one the other day my dealer has a few 52's and a 61
If I remember everything he told me correctly and what I saw is . They have made the 48 52 and 61 all have the same frame just different decks. The decks are redesigned I believe based on the chariot lx. i think he said kohler is only engines used this year with remote or heavy duty filter like a canister.
New hydro pumps larger hydro resivior with filter mounted to bottom of it.Operator preseance is in platform so both handles are the same no safety in one like before. They are also beefed up some aswell as the frame it was much thicker. the supports for the deck are heavier also. The front spindles have bearing now instead of sleeves. I cant remember anymore right now. I am going to stop by dealer again this week I see if any more info is available.
Overall I liked what I saw.