PDA

View Full Version : Droughts?

twoowls
03-13-2005, 03:48 AM
This is my third season and first with annual contracts. Here in the northwest they are predicting a record drought. So I have a couple of questions.

1. If you have customers on annual contracts and they are not alowed to run iragation and the lawn goes dormant and your not mowing do you still charge the same according to the contract. If you charge the same accourding to the contract but dont perform the services according to the contract how does that go over.

2. What kind of creative ideas do you guys have to posibly profit from mother natures mood swings. (or lack of water)

Thanks for any ideas, opinions or shared experiances.

lawnlubber
03-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Soil with a high content of organic matter holds water better. Sell yourself as an organic service using organic materials at a premium price. There will be plenty of reseeding to repair damage after the drought breaks. If irrigation water is available you can start before that.

Evergreenpros
03-13-2005, 05:06 AM
This is my third season and first with annual contracts. Here in the northwest they are predicting a record drought. So I have a couple of questions.

1. If you have customers on annual contracts and they are not alowed to run iragation and the lawn goes dormant and your not mowing do you still charge the same according to the contract. If you charge the same accourding to the contract but dont perform the services according to the contract how does that go over.

2. What kind of creative ideas do you guys have to posibly profit from mother natures mood swings. (or lack of water)

Thanks for any ideas, opinions or shared experiances.

You wouldn't let them out of the contract. Just because they can't run their sprinklers doesn't mean your business expenses go away, let alone your mortgage, health insurance, food bill, etc etc.

I wish that stupid woman living in Rossi's mansion would shut her mouth. Declaring a drought in March? give me a break. How many april's and may's have you lived through out here where it rained almost every day? quite a few for me. At this point the only group that is affected are the farmers, the government is determining how much water they will be able to use now, hence the "drought" crap on the news. It has no bearing on whether people will be able to run their sprinker systems or not.

Deep watering 1-2x a week, mulch the grass to help retain water, keep a little fert on it to prevent browing from lack of nutrients, don't cut it short and you'd be surprised how nice the lawns will look.