PDA

View Full Version : Overbooked...Turn away customers? what to do about flyers

Royallawncare
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I know it is early in the season and i am happy with the success my company is having( 37 calls just yesterday) I am booked with aerating for another week and a half however the calls keep coming what should i do with them? I also have a new stack of flyers still to go out this week what should i do with them? I want my company to grow as fast as it can and for me to make as much money as possible however i'm not sure I am prepared for all this my company is just taking off and i'm not prepared to follow i geuss...Any tips on what i can do about this problem?

Mo Green
03-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Do you know anyone else in the green industry in your area? Someone you like and trust? Maybe refer some of those customers to them.

bigviclbi
03-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Give up tv, eat while you ride, sleep 3 times a day for 2 hours at a time, give discounts for people who let you work at night....

WildLake
03-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Give up tv, eat while you ride, sleep 3 times a day for 2 hours at a time, give discounts for people who let you work at night....

Thats awesome! :help:

Fantasy Lawns
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Not saying anything to come across wrong with your pricing .... but if they are calling left n right n your are swamped .... just raise your price

Think about it ..... why turn work away .... I now NOTHING about pricing of this work as we don't do it down here .... but say you are getting jobs left n right at $100 per visit .... raise to $125 n some of those go away

Just like when I wish to get rid of an account ... I never drop it .... I just raise the price ....

Just like employees ....no need to fire em so they go get state aid ... I just cut their hours

CharlieBingo
03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Raise your prices! If your that swamped you can get more than your charging. This maybe the best advice you ever got!

GrassBustersLawn
03-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Ditto on the "RAISE YOUR PRICE" theme.

Less work for more Money....it's a WIN-WIN

Mike

Mo Green
03-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Sounds like good advice to me, too.

fazzy815-66
03-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Where do you live I would like some work!! raise the price is the right answer then you won't mind doing the work and taking the exrta cash

nobagger
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Wow Royal, thats encouraging news. We still have about 6" of snow on the ground here in NW Pa and no warm weather in the forecast at least for a couple of weeks. We just started sending out flyers and advertising. Good luck! :waving:

nriddle77
03-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Send 'em my way!
:)