PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Jersey starting tomorrow??

TurfStriper
03-13-2005, 05:37 PM
just wondering if anyone is starting tomorrow.should be decent all week.

lawnboy30
03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Had planned on it, but there is still too much snow on most lawns and they are saying snow for this upcoming Thurs. and Fri.

WOuldn't be effective and certainly cannot put pre-em down yet.

Maybe next week/

rodfather
03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Lawns are too wet to even walk on IMO...much less any machines for cleanups.

jpmako
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I agree with Rodfather on this one. I can see it now JRCO rakes pulling up clumps of sod and Blowers blowing clumps of dirt and grass.
NOT FUN. Just about the only thing you could do right now is pick up sticks. It isn't time yet, maybe another two or three weeks. :cool2:

aries
03-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Not me still snow on the lawns! I won't even think about it for another 2 weeks.

CharlieBingo
03-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Slow down young man. You got some time before the opening bell. Enjoy your time while you can!

Turfdude
Can't afford not to! We're already starting 2-3 weeks behind our normal start date. The truth is the lawns may not dry out. The last 2 years its been real wet. The end of December saw a lot of rain, which of course very quickly became frozen. Then when it wasn't frozen it was either more rain or snow. The only snow left around by me now is that which was piled up by plows & pushers. I know its wet and we may not be able to use the riders, but b4 you know it mowing season will be here. We have way too many clean-ups, mulch and landscape jobs not to start tomorrow.

bobbygedd
i'm going to work. i'm gonna do whatever i can do,pick up sticks, branches, edge beds, i have to do something. this sitting around is killing me.

Eddie B
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm starting to see some green, but the grounds are still pretty wet. I'm looking at at least 2 more weeks before I pull out the mowers. On the 21st i'll be getting the landscape committee together during our community meeting. In the meantime, I'm delivering papers 2-6am. Gotta keep busy somehow.

Thelawnclipper
03-13-2005, 07:31 PM
We're starting bright and early Monday morning. Picking up sticks, raking gravel back in driveways, and cleaning up the leaves from the Oaks that didn't fall at the end of the season. Last season we started March 12. Right on schedule for us.

Ol'time Lawncare
03-13-2005, 08:09 PM
The ground is to wet around here, so i say next week I should be really to go!

Stripe This
03-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Way to wet here in Morris County....good luck to those who are starting up tomorrow!

LB1234
03-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm with the general consensus. Ground is way to soft. Even walking on it could cause some damage.

I have a retaining wall I'm putting in next weekend...was supposed to be last week but I had to postpone due to the conditions...looks as if I'll be backing it up another week if this storm hits. I just hope its enough to get the plow out again.

TURF DOCTOR
03-13-2005, 11:12 PM
We start this week not all of the accounts but some of them, contracts are 3rd week in march,the first of april is all work.