PDA

View Full Version : how much....

clncut
03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
mulch can 2 people lay in a hour. 1 guy loading and moving material while the other spreads. Any suggestions?

Thanks
JOhn

Johnson's Lawn & Snow
03-13-2005, 07:00 PM
2 yards in 1 hr.

clncut
03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Thats what I figured, stupid post I know! ;)

bobbygedd
03-13-2005, 07:52 PM
i suggest 2 whellbarrows. one guy feeding the barrows, the other guy running and dumping. when the truck is empty, both guys spread and cleanup. 3 yds per hour easy.

Kelly's Landscaping
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I prefer 3 wheelbarrows and 2 runners with one guy loading. My truck holds 12 yards I can shovel that off in about 2 hours. Then you just got to spread it out.

Those big hard plastic Ames shovels work great for this I can fill a 6 cubic ft wheelbarrow in 4-5 shovel loads so it goes real quick. Use the pitchfork to knock the top of the pile down only.

olderthandirt
03-13-2005, 08:06 PM
One guy on skid steer and one guy spreading 12-15 yds per hr easy :D

Mac

ALarsh
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
My friend and I do 2.5 yards/hour spreaded. Thats with 2 wheelbarrows. One guy is filling the wheelbarrows and bringing it to the spreading person. By the time the filler comes back with a full wheelbarrow the other one is empty and he takes it to fill it.

LawnsRUsInc.
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with you MAC For our 10+ yd mulch installs we just use the loader on the street and load the wheel barrows 3 guys 8-10 yds an hour spread.

Jason

clncut
03-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys for all your fast responses. I like the fact that someone could ask the dumbest questions on here (like this one) and many of you will still answer honestly and are just willing to help others.

Thanks again
John

Bryn
03-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Sit down and listen to this. When a client asked me to use a bagged Wal-Mart mulch product on a raised bed I had my doubts, but we spread 160cubic feet of mulch in three hours between myself, the client and his wife. I billed him from pickup at Wal-Mart to rakes down which was three hours.

Good or bad on production, you decide, but I was surprised how quick it went.

ALarsh
03-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Sit down and listen to this. When a client asked me to use a bagged Wal-Mart mulch product on a raised bed I had my doubts, but we spread 160cubic feet of mulch in three hours between myself, the client and his wife. I billed him from pickup at Wal-Mart to rakes down which was three hours.

Good or bad on production, you decide, but I was surprised how quick it went.

Lawn and Landscape magazine suggested to use bagged mulch also. I will look for the article later.

GetSomeGOJO
03-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Mulch quality is important to consider as well. Some spreads easier than others. My partner and I spread 8 yards in two hours this weekend, but it wasn't in real world conditions. This was a setup for a Garden show, on concrete floors. Still, I'd be surprised if you can't come close to that with a crew of two tough guys:)