PDA

View Full Version : Well it has begun.....

Carolina Cutter
03-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Once again I see the ads in the paper multipling for lawncare....New names every year.

My buddy...(not really my buddy)hehehehe.....has his ad back in there for $35 garuneteed any size again this year but this time it says restrictions apply at the bottom. I think I know why that is there now....might have something to do with a call from a friend of mine to get him to come cut his grass......all 5 acres of it. LOL.....I love teaching these lowballers that way.....

So the price bidding wars have begun........I really am thinking about calling this guy and having a little talk with him. Just like others are going to say he probably has NO overhead or very little and does it just to make him some money. Man, everyday I wish more and more that there were requirements that one must complete before they can just go and mow. This guys really makes it hard to explain anything over the $35 amount....... ;)

procut
03-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Same thing here. I counted 7 ads in the local paper for lawn care / landscape. Out of the seven, I only considered two a threat. Much to my surprise there were no rediculus price gaurentees. Probably will be one in there next week LOL.

I agree with your theory of meeting requirments before you can just go out and mow.

Toy2
03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
counted 23 ads today, I do agree about some type of requirement, maybe insurance and equipment standards... this would weed out a good chunk...some lady I started mowing for said the last mow guy broke her window while trimming and finished the summer mowing for free, she allowed it in order to get her money back??? That's what I'm competing with!! :realmad:

DennisF
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
You guys don't have any competition. In the local paper here there are 40 to 50 ads every day of the week. Some of them have prices as low as $10 per cut for lawns up to 75 X 100. Trying to compete with these idiots is a real challenge. One thing about it though...these low price grass cutters come and go quickly, so the names and faces of my competitors are constantly changing.

old dog
03-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Just a thought...Has anyone advertised as a consultant to start-ups.At least some
money could be made in the training.