PDA

View Full Version : Mowers with great potential, but are over looked

John Gamba
03-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Gravely PM310HD Look at the specs. If you know of a mower that you think would be great but is over looked post it here.I will have more.

MarcSmith
03-14-2005, 10:39 AM
nice looking mower, but its a bit long...might be toublesome for those with short trailers....The Toro GroundMaster is another top performer, but you don't see many of them on trailers...mostly site work like ball fields and golf courses...

rodfather
03-14-2005, 11:17 AM
nice looking mower, but its a bit long...might be toublesome for those with short trailers....The Toro GroundMaster is another top performer, but you don't see many of them on trailers...mostly site work like ball fields and golf courses...

I have 3 Toro Groundsmasters Marc. You're right, they are long and heavy.

rodfather
03-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I always liked 3-wheelers JG...that looks like an impressive machine too btw.

Lux Lawn
03-14-2005, 11:24 AM
We had the Scag 3 wheeled machines at the city that I worked for years ago they are nice for the right property.But now a days I would prefer a ZTR.

Runner
03-14-2005, 11:24 AM
O have one of the older models like that, and I STILL get alot of use out of it. It doesn't cut like the Lazer, but it works for back areas of large commercial jobs.

pwarren4
03-14-2005, 11:58 AM
The Wright Sentar !!!

My Dad owns one - after demoing a Dixie and a Gravely ZTR, I can easily see why he bought the Wright.

Me - I still prefer my Exmark walkbehind. But I'm not mowing any large properties that require a Z (yet).

Itsgottobegreen
03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
The Wright Sentar !!!

My Dad owns one - after demoing a Dixie and a Gravely ZTR, I can easily see why he bought the Wright.

Me - I still prefer my Exmark walkbehind. But I'm not mowing any large properties that require a Z (yet).

I will second that.

PTP
03-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I will second that.
So here is the obvious question. If the sentar is so great then why are you selling yours? :confused:

John Gamba
03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I always liked 3-wheelers JG...that looks like an impressive machine too btw.

I had a T3100 Ransom, 20Kohler 60"deck. It was great in wet grass but it only went 6MPH. The deck lift was a pull back type that if you did it while moving you would go forward 6MPH :dizzy: .

I dont like gravely hydro deck lift on the Z models BUT on this mower it works very well. I think this mower does 10MPH.Bigger accounts this mower would be ass-um and i remember when i heard they where going to do this. It did take them alittle while but i think its a winner.

John

John Gamba
03-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Here is my next mower that i think will be a winner in the near future.The Convertible mower.
just think how easy it would be if you only needed on mower for hills and flat land. A mower that can pull a 16 Bushel bagger go under trees, bushes and one person can go from bagging to no bagger in 60 Seconds. Best of all the mower and a 16 Bushel bagger fits on a 10 foot trailer. At 64 inches you can get three on a 16 foot trailer and still not be over loaded.Just think how fast this mower is on small props at 64" :D
I have talk to cathy scott and there are some neat changes for 05.I still will call them on some things i think the mower needs to become true commercial mower and it seems like they are willing to look into it.
We will see!!
John

If you can demo one try it and let us know.

Travis Followell
03-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I looked at one of those mowers at an auction a couple months ago that was used. It looked like a homeowner mower. it was made cheap and the deck was not much thinker than a piece of paper. I was sent a DR catalog a couple weeks ago and was looking through it and there was that convertable mower. I was suprised that DR makes it but it would make sense because DR is professional power for Homeowners. It was priced at $4990 and anly has a 48' deck. Thats to much IMO. It shouldn't be over $3000.

procut
03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
So here is the obvious question. If the sentar is so great then why are you selling yours? :confused:
No kidding.

splatz100
03-14-2005, 04:58 PM
alot of LCO's down here use the PM310, I would say 35%.

edward hedrick
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
There is a new PM310 at Lomacs in E.Windsor w a 23 kawi wants 6k.Also one in the Bargain News w 25 Koh for 2800. Ed

John Gamba
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
I looked at one of those mowers at an auction a couple months ago that was used. It looked like a homeowner mower. it was made cheap and the deck was not much thinker than a piece of paper. I was sent a DR catalog a couple weeks ago and was looking through it and there was that convertable mower. I was suprised that DR makes it but it would make sense because DR is professional power for Homeowners. It was priced at $4990 and anly has a 48' deck. Thats to much IMO. It shouldn't be over $3000.

I dont think DR makes the mower. They do have a different deck for the DR model. The new ones are alot better and there getting more commercial every year.
When they put the bearings on the casters i will get one. They are pricy for a 48" but the suggested retail for a 25-61" deck is (in 2004)7,700. Thats not bad for that size mower and it should be less at the dealers price.
I'm not saying the mower is perfect but you would be a fool not to want a mower that does two things and eliminates a walkbehind.

I think if i was looking at a stand on mower i would go with the convertible. i think it will do alot more.

John Gamba
03-15-2005, 09:24 AM
There is a new PM310 at Lomacs in E.Windsor w a 23 kawi wants 6k.Also one in the Bargain News w 25 Koh for 2800. Ed

i seen that one. I think ill find out what the PM310HD with the 60" 27 Koh goes for.

Itsgottobegreen
03-15-2005, 10:25 AM

Its a great machine. But mine is too big. Its a 61" and doesn't mach any of my 52" standers. If it was a 52" I would be keeping it.