PDA

View Full Version : Which way's to charge for Fall clean ups????

jccordes2
03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I am designing a Customer agreement, not a contract. and wonder what's the best way to word it? (need help Please)
I see a lot of guys here have a spot to check off "Fall clean ups" in there agreement, which states, weekly up keep of all fallen leaves to the time of final clean up.

My question is, when you quote Fall clean ups, are you giving them a price for a final clean up, which is (1) time? or are you charging them that (1) time fee in addition to there weekly mowing in the fall, then do the final clean up?

Here in Minnesota, once the leaves start falling (oct/nov) it lasts for a month or 2.

any suggestions as to how I should word this? what do you guys normally charge to bag the leaves along with your weekly mowings in the fall?
any good formula to charge for fall clean ups? I've heard cost of mowing X 4?

I know every property is completely different. just looking for any good advice.

thanks Guys/Gals

Jeff

lawncare3
03-14-2005, 04:19 PM
When I live up in minnetonka (plymouth and mtka blvd) I always did once a fall cleanup. I side discharged the fall months till the final cleanup time was. I usually charge $75 hr but that was me guesstmating it. I would guess it would take me a hour but add 1/2 hr to it for catch up time. Then I gave em a flat fee so their jaw don't drop.

old dog
03-14-2005, 05:44 PM
With shorter days and 6 weeks for trees to give it all up here,I am usually there
every 2 to 3 weeks.Grass does not grow that fast once ground temps fall.It really
depends on how often people want it done,how much the wind blows,how wet is it.

jccordes2
03-14-2005, 05:59 PM
what if:... you had in your "Fall Clean ups" description/pricing, you had (2) charges,
1) for weelky leaf clean up along with mowing, you had a set price which would be added to weekly mowing costs.
(I.E) $100 to mow. Cost for leaf clean up would be $50, $50 added to weekly mowing would be $150.
then, you had a charge for "Final Fall Clean ups"
2) price would include a final mow, Edging, blowing of Landscape areas and etc and removal.?

I see a lot of guys here in there contracts mention they add fall clean ups billed out at $35 per man hour. this seems safe but yet possible giving away good prifits???

let me know guys?