PDA

View Full Version : ez dumper bed insert.

Jerry and Sons
03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
What a weekend. After doing my research and considering my budget, i bought a new ez dumper. The web site stated that the install should take two hours. So i went back to the shop and started my two hour install. Two hours slowly turned into 4 hours. On the following day (Sat.) I still could not get power to the unit. After checking all of the grounds and other connections still no luck. What gives? I went back up to the dealer and had them take a look at the unit. Come to find out that ez dump has recently changed there motors and wiring setup, but FAILED TO CHANGE ANY OF THERE DIRECTION BOOKLET. Finally after a very frustrating weekend the dumper is now up and running. :angry:

Lawnchoice
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Take some pictures if you can.

We all love to see stuff on trucks!

Lux Lawn
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Nice of them to tell you about the changes...At least its all ready to go now.

jimslawns
03-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Gotta love those EZ dumpers, I got rid of my dump trailer, and never looked back!!!!! Works great with a Leaf box on it too!!!!!

Axl
03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
How much did that run you?

Jerry and Sons
03-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Th ez dumper was $2064.00 this was a good buy since the price of steel has just jumped. I was getting quotes from other dealers of $2380 to 2450. I think that i did okay. And i will work on some pics.

ChicagoLawn
03-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Just paid $3,100 for the stainless steel e-z dumper. Going to have it installed tomorrow. My installer/dealer said it would be around 4 hours - $300.00

What did e-z dumper upgrade on the motor? I would like to know which one I got?

ChicagoLawn

Jerry and Sons
03-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Not sure what the old motor was like. The directions did not contain a spec. sheet. The only way that you would be able to tell is if the ground is attached to the motor itself, then it is the new one.

Also, beaware that the dump control is not water proof and these units at my dealer are stored outside in the elements. When i open up the controler to test the wires it was like a water fall. I do have a new controler on order. The old one does work but just the thought upset me. good luck.

scottishmaximus
03-16-2005, 02:12 AM
I just recently bought an ez dumper too. Mine took longer to mount as well (chevy 2500hd). At first the motor stuck on even when lowering. Turned out the solenoid was sticking. I believe it was coroded on the inside from sitting out. Bad thing is that the solenoids are under the dump. If they fail, how do you fix it? Luckily mine failed so that it was always on. Ez dumper covered the part but i had to pay shipping, which kinda pricy. There is a little surface rust on mine where the stake pockets are. The rust kinda stains the truck, so i'm going to have to do something about that. I was thinking about rubbercoating the bottom and outsides to prevent this. Have you had this problem? My truck is white so it stands out. Good luck with your purchase.

amw
03-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I just recently bought an ez dumper too. Mine took longer to mount as well (chevy 2500hd). At first the motor stuck on even when lowering. Turned out the solenoid was sticking. I believe it was coroded on the inside from sitting out. Bad thing is that the solenoids are under the dump. If they fail, how do you fix it? Luckily mine failed so that it was always on. Ez dumper covered the part but i had to pay shipping, which kinda pricy. There is a little surface rust on mine where the stake pockets are. The rust kinda stains the truck, so i'm going to have to do something about that. I was thinking about rubbercoating the bottom and outsides to prevent this. Have you had this problem? My truck is white so it stands out. Good luck with your purchase.

you bought it recently and its already rusting?

Jerry and Sons
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
so far it raises and lowers fine, no rust as of yet but it is steel with a powder coat. you gETdown to bare steel and it will rust in minutes. I f you go to your auto store they have a rust stopper, that you can sprya on the rust amd it will stop the rust from spreading . turns the rust black and very hard. then just touch it up with some paint. Rust problem solved. :blob3:

scottishmaximus
03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
I f you go to your auto store they have a rust stopper, that you can sprya on the rust amd it will stop the rust from spreading . turns the rust black and very hard. then just touch it up with some paint. Rust problem solved. :blob3:

That's exactly what I thought i'd use.

It has some surface rust where the powder coating couldn't get. Basically around the stake pockets where there are two metals next to each other without a weld. You really have to look for it.