PDA

View Full Version : I need a trailer... Advice anyone???

3sons
03-15-2005, 11:48 AM
I have a Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2Liter Engine and am looking for a good trailer to haul mulch in. How much should I expect to pay?

LawnsRUsInc.
03-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Just mulch
I would purchase a 16' dump trailer then.

LB1234
03-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Some questions, how much mulch are you looking to haul with the trailer? What is the towing capacity of your truck? What is your budget at for a trailer?

I think a dump trailer would be ideal for mulch transport. There are many different sizes/capacities to choose from. Not sure about your 1500 handling one though...you need to investigate that yourself.

We own one. A Bri-Mar, 14'(?) bed length, 102" wide (8' inside width), dual 4" drop axles, stow-able ramps, 6T GVWR, operating capacity of 4T, stake pockets, dual cylinders, multi-functional tailgate (Barn door/spreader), all told paid right around 6.3k which included tarp roller. We use it for leaf cleanup (leaf loader w/tarp), equipment transport (largest was Kubota L35), material handling (stone, mulch, etc.), shrub removal, and other miscellaneous stuff. Heck, I used it for my home when I gutted the downstairs bathroom...used it as a dumpster...once I was done just hauled it to the dumps.

Specific questions shoot me a PM.