PDA

View Full Version : Bought new dump trailer today..well almost

Green-Pro
03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Got up early to drop kids that aren't in school yet at the daycare, my wife had to sub today. I was beating my but to get up to trailer store about seventy miles north, they had one left of the style dump trailer I've been wanting to get. No problem there when they open strike a deal with the guy, they just took delivery of some more dump trailers but the price was increasing starting with the new ones, got mine at the original price. I paid most in green backs and when he gave me the amount left over from that I wrote out the check, got it home parked it went to do some other work.

I'm sitting here about an hour and a half ago entering in money spent deposits made in quick books see the invoice from trailer place....I wrote the check out for $100 less than I needed to....I hate when that happens, heck the sales guy didn't even pick that up,,,man! So I email right away tell them to go over the receipt and mail me a new statement for $100 bucks.

Never any doubt about trying to contact them and make it right, just can't believe how often this seems to happen and what a great big headache it is. They also got wrong town and zip code down for me, so I had to let them know about that to hope they didn't send paperwork for licensing to the wrong courthouse already AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

OK deep breath AAAHHHHHH, hey, btw, did I mention I got a new dump trailer today? :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

-Geoff

NEUSWEDE
03-15-2005, 09:24 PM
get some pictures up! What kind? I am looking into getting a Downeaster

Green-Pro
03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Its a Bri-Mar just a 6 x 10 tandem, will post some pics tomorrow. 3.9 cubic yards, not much, but some of the jobs I've had folks ask if I could do require about 4 yards of gravel, and that would be at the weight limit of this guy as far as rock is concerned. Now with mulch well it does have bed stake holes so you can put sides on it. trailer door is split in the middle to swing open as doors & hinged to open for pour/dump. Like I said not huge but will fit the bill for me quite nicely. :)

-Geoff

LB1234
03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Congrats!! :cool2:

Have a Bri-Mar also...purchased two years ago. You'll be finding more and more use for it as the days go on.

Jst don't make the same mistake I made when transporting stone...have a dead battery at the dump site! I was idiot of the month...be sure to keep that battery topped off before dumping heavy materials. Or just wire it to have your truck charge the dump trailer battery.

Green-Pro
03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
LB1234 Congrats!!

Thanks, yeah good advice on the battery, got to be aware of that. I am excited about putting it to use, I see this giving me a heckuva alot more flexibility on jobsites.

-Geoff

hole in one lco
03-16-2005, 12:15 AM
and put a lock on the battery too I had 5 stolen in one year

LB1234
03-16-2005, 12:27 AM
5 Batteries stolen in one year? Damn that sucks! :realmad:

Knock on wood...no problems...use the lock that came with the metal box and have another lock for the coupler when not in use.

LB1234
03-16-2005, 12:37 AM
I am excited about putting it to use, I see this giving me a heckuva alot more flexibility on jobsites.

-Geoff

Tell me about it, last year we spent a few hundred bucks and had a custom removable canvas tarp placed on it for our leaf loader...man does that thing kick some arse and save some time for spring/fall cleanups where leaves need to be hauled away. Can get a few clients done without having to stop b/c the box is full. Holds up to something like 15 cu.yds.

Also, if your interested...

A contractor friend of mine asked what I do with the thing in the wintertime...I of course said nothing...ain't planting much or hauling mulch in the dead of winter...He asked if he could use it as a dumpster for his kitchen/bath remodels. So, starting next winter I'm going to have the trailer earning me money in that department... Alls I need to do is drop in off and pick it up a few weeks later...

Green-Pro
03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
hole in one lco and put a lock on the battery too I had 5 stolen in one year

That bites!!! The hydraulic/battery box came keyed with a lock on the lift handle, should be good there if I can remember to lock the dang thing!

A contractor friend of mine asked what I do with the thing in the wintertime...I of course said nothing...ain't planting much or hauling mulch in the dead of winter...He asked if he could use it as a dumpster for his kitchen/bath remodels. So, starting next winter I'm going to have the trailer earning me money in that department... Alls I need to do is drop in off and pick it up a few weeks later...

Hmmmmm,,, This is a good idea payup

-Geoff