PDA

View Full Version : walk patterns

bigviclbi
03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Does anyone use a different pattern for walks then they do for a patio? Is this acceptable. We do a lot of "I"patterns around here and that means alot of cutting for walks, would it be okay to change to a running bond pattern? Also you can kind of manipulate the pavers to curve in a running pattern, but not so muchthe the "I". What thought process do you use when you guys do curves, do you build out much wider then go back and mark the curve?

cgland
03-16-2005, 05:03 PM
We have done a few projects that have several patterns in the design. The trick is to find a way to integrate them without making it look jumbled or too busy. We run borders on ALL of our patios & walks, so we usually separate the patterns with border pavers.

Chris

bigviclbi
03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
So you border a patio even if it runs into a walkway?I like to keep it all one pattern if I can, but like I said in the previous post its more work.

cgland
03-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Lets say you have a running bond walk that runs into an "I" pattern patio. How would you transition that? The answer is run the patio border through the pattern to break it up. Let me see if I can post a pic. This pic is one of a patio & walk that are as one. They are both different patterns, but the customer wanted it broken up to "separate" the spaces.

Chris

neversatisfiedj
03-17-2005, 03:15 PM
looks great - I run soldier courses on all mine because I don't want any cuts on the lip of the patios.

WildLake
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I lay the walk wide, cut and lay the border on top, and mark the cut with the saw. Then push the border to the center and finish the cut, lay the border, install edging. Time consuming for curvy walks but always provides a perfect finished product.