PDA

View Full Version : Going in not knowing ?

Todd's lawncare
03-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Do any of you do a landscape job with no drawings? Or do you think it's a good idea ? I have done alot of them . They always come out good but i don't know if thats the best way top do the it. What is your input on this ? There not real big no walls or anything just like flower beds, small pounds, plants, trees.

polecat63
03-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I usually do at least a sketch unless it's just a planting bed or something. It's god to have a reference for both yourself and the client. Most clients would probably feel more comfortable spending money if the have that reference. It comes down to whatever the client wants. If they want a sketch they get a sketch, if they want a scale detailed drwing, that is what they get.

Updog
03-16-2005, 09:20 AM
I have done very small jobs this way but alot of times we move things around from the drawings anyway.

bigviclbi
03-16-2005, 10:34 AM
I have done large jobs with no drawings, just marked them out and went over what would be included. I just got a program to make 2d plans, and hope to expand to pro landscape this year.

Todd's lawncare
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
I have done large jobs with no drawings, just marked them out and went over what would be included. I just got a program to make 2d plans, and hope to expand to pro landscape this year.
What's the program ? Have you used it yet ? If so is it good ?!!

sheshovel
03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
It's good to know where sun and shade are at different times in the day and season.Different plants need different conditions to thrive.having a base plan even if it's in your head helps you to put the right plants in the right places so they not only look good,but will survive.Also things you need a plan for are variables like ..drainage,plant size at maturity,maintenance convenience,ect,ect,ect.
I almost always change things as I go even with a plan,but to really plant a garden for optimal growth and easy maint and looks,you should concider all the things involved in that planting area and individual situation.What looks great in a program may not always be best for the client or the plant.Making a plan involves also balance,color,texture,and overall continuity within the garden so it looks good at all times of the year.