PDA

View Full Version : Talk with the guy in person. Great product, and great people.

LawnMower
03-16-2005, 11:48 PM
There all real people at Magna Matic. What I mean is I can really relate to these guys. They have a great product and there proud of it. Its a family business.

I talked with Erik on the phone today and hes a great guy. He told me every thing I wanted to know about the Magna Matic sharpener and balancer. Even when I stopped asking questions, he kept on elaborating.

He sold me and I'm going to be making a purchase as soon as my budget allows.

Magna-Matic
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Hello John,

Thank you for the complements. I noticed that you purchased the MAG-9000 and MAG-1000 in late MARCH.

How have they been working out for you?

Perhaps if time allows, an objective review is always helpful for other lawnsite.com members to help them in their equipment purchase decisions.

Thank you,

LawnMower
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I really like them a lot. I'm seriously thinking about buying the extended work table. I have high lift blades. So by the time I get out to the end, I have very little flat service of the blade to judge from. I haven't been able to get it down to one minute a blade yet, but I'm sure thats do to the fact that my blades were really bad. By the time I get to sharpening them, they have extremely needed it Plus the balancer is so accurate that that I tend to spend a lot of time getting the blade right on. One little scrape from the grinding wheel and it throws it off.

There is no vibration from the mowing deck where there was before. The sharpness is incredible. I don't know if its the angle of the blade or what, but its a huge difference from when I was sharpening them with an angle grinder. The edge seems to last longer too.

Magna-Matic
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Hello John,

Thank you for the notes of your experience. To comment on your sharpening speed - are you going "back & forth" with the blade or taking one pass at-a-time? You should go "back & forth" with the blade against the grinding wheel when sharpening (push & pull). Also don't be afraid to push into the grinding wheel - of course not to the point that you would physically slow the motor - but put ample pressure into the wheel.

If you like to practice take an old blade, and just grind an edge on a square area, but you should easily be able to hit the 60 sec time. Also note that once your blades are "in shape" proper angle etc - your sharpening time should reduce even more.

Thank you,