PDA

View Full Version : paver install estimate

Keith P
03-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I will be installing a total of 350 sq. feet of pavers. Half on each side of the client's driveway. What is a good price to charge for labor? Should I charge per square foot or per paver and if so what should I charge. Is there a basic formula any of you guys use to help estimate? Thanks.

steve in Pa.
03-17-2005, 08:31 PM
never charge by the sq ft. you first need to figure out your numbers and figure out how much your company needs to get for each production hour to recover your overhead plus profit. Sounds like a pretty simple job running pavers down each side of a drive, pavers will be close, minimal turf damage I would say that job would run about $5200.00 depending on what type of pavers, how much they cost you, and for vehicular use your stone needs to be at least 8" deep according to ICPI with a soil seperation fabric.

mbella
03-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Steve's right. DON'T charge by the square foot. Another tip, cut nice lines on the asphalt and run your fabric under the base aggregate for the pavers and between the pavers and the existing asphalt. Cut the fabric even with the asphalt and when the job is complete , torch the fringes of the fabric that show between the asphalt and the pavers.

Running fabric between your paver application and the asphalt will prevent the paver base material from migrating into any voids under the asphalt.