PDA

View Full Version : application setup

scott185
02-08-2001, 02:34 PM
I was wondering what would be a good setup for lawn care applications. I do not want to dedicate a vehicle right now so I thought a small enclosed trailer might be ideal. I could keep all my liquid chemicals, small sprayers, records, cleanup material, spreaders, and some granular chemicals in the trailer. This trailer would be set up only for Pest application.

How may customers could a one man operation like this handle for a season doing a 5 or 6 step program. Most Lawns are 10K-30k sq ft

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

greengeezer
02-08-2001, 05:25 PM
Scot,

A lot will depent on how tight you keep your market. At my former job the average customer/truck ratio was 600 to 800 customers. One really tight route had over 900. With the lawn averages you mention you could peak at 500. 20 lawns/day, 5 days/wk, 5 weeks/round for a 6 application program(remember that's a peak). Also bear in mind your most profitable lawns are the smaller lawns. You'll make more profit on lawns smaller than whatever your minimum price is. It's up to you how hard you want to hustle. Good luck.

Skookum
02-10-2001, 02:26 AM
I like your trailer Idea. A small enclosed trailer with all application supplies would be a neat little setup. You could have it all in there. Pretty cool Idea!