PDA

View Full Version : Gate Grabber

b727guru
03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I did a search on this subject and nothing came up.

With tailgates being so heavy, does anyone use the Trimmer Trap Gate Grabber or similar assistance?

After lifting this gate a couple of time a day, it won't be long before you'll feel like you've aged 10 years in no time.

Just want some feedback on durability and functionality. It seems that it would nice to have, but maybe somewhat in the way with the spring attached and extended to the gate when open.

Thanks,
Guru

gl1200a
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
The price of them scared me so I made one for my trailer. I used an end post (from a cyclone fence) to house a garage door spring (145 lbs spring) and them used some cable and made a dual pulley assembly for the rear end of the trailer. I trhink I had about $30.00 in it total. Now to 'get it up' I just snag it with my foot and flip it up to to where I grab it with my hand and into the up stop position.

b727guru
03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
great idea!!! anybody else?

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
if you do a search you will find many people have built their own.....

Derek

David Grass
03-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I went with NO tailgate and aluminum ramps, I dont bend over, they weigh like 20 lbs. or less a piece, and I got 6 feet to come off the trailer, thus a better angle. Works great for me.

Runner
03-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Building your own is the way to go. As far as the trimmer trap version of this, it is a joke. Not only is this thing shaky, but it is an accident just waiting to happen. You wouldn't catch me withing 30 ft. of this thing - not just because I am wise enough, but because I have more common sense than that. I can't believe they even market that liability gizmo.

Soupy
03-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Building your own is the way to go. As far as the trimmer trap version of this, it is a joke. Not only is this thing shaky, but it is an accident just waiting to happen. You wouldn't catch me withing 30 ft. of this thing - not just because I am wise enough, but because I have more common sense than that. I can't believe they even market that liability gizmo.

I agree. That thing looks as bad as frankenscags first design. Somebody is going to get hurt and own that company someday. The sad thing is they put out quality products and then totally skimp on this product.

tiedeman
03-19-2005, 02:34 AM
if you do a search you will find many people have built their own.....

Derek

that is what I mostly see as well