PDA

View Full Version : New Dump Truck

bbhlawn
03-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Here's my 2003 dump truck. The dealer had it sitting on the lot for a customer that went out of business. This is before I put the stickers on.

WhohasHelios?
03-18-2005, 08:04 PM
goergeous truck man!!

-Reuben

tiedeman
03-19-2005, 02:46 AM
so are you going to drop that off at my place for I can use it? :)

bbhlawn
03-19-2005, 10:28 AM
And here's after the sticker work. I ordered them off ebay for the dump truck. 168.00 for all including shipping, I didn't think that was so bad.

BMFD92
03-19-2005, 11:52 AM
that is a nice truck and good luck with it

bbhlawn
03-19-2005, 12:45 PM
The only thing is that I wanted the diesel, but I settled for the 5.4 liter gas. It does pretty well. We also have a 2004 F150 with the same motor so at least I can cut down on the oil filters on hand.

Lux Lawn
03-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Looks good.

tiedeman
03-19-2005, 01:51 PM
that looks even better now

FrankenScagMachines
03-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Looks great, and even better with the lettering. Hopefully you have 4.10 gears to go with that 5.4 otherwise I fear it could be a dog, but the 5.4 is a good motor. My uncle has one in a F250 crew cab 2wd, with 3.73 gears and pulls a 24' gooseneck trailer with antique tractors on it, pulls good for him (do not use overdrive when towing if automatic).

Now all you need to do is go back to Ebay and get you some chrome or stainless simulators for your wheels :) Then it would look really killer :)

aries
03-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Nice truck Good luck I love my FORD! :cool:

bbhlawn
03-19-2005, 04:50 PM
It does have the 4:10 gears. They claim it will pull 8,000lbs and the F150 we have will pull 9,200lbs. It took awhile to talk the wife into letting me get a dump, but even she is glad we did now.

FrankenScagMachines
03-19-2005, 08:47 PM
If your F150 pulls 9200 lbs it is a very strong truck, and I still wouldn't do it on a regular basis. Depending on your gears it could be hard on the transmission.

The F350 will pull more than 8,000 easily though. I've had that much weight sitting on the bed of the F350 I had (just sold the other day). Actually it was 9,000 on the bed. Yes it was overloaded by about one ton or so. With 4.10 gears you can pull anything you need with that F350. Mine had 3.55's and a 460 7.5 liter gasser, it was doggy with heavy loads because it was geared too fast for a one ton, but it pulled everything I ever hooked to it. I wouldn't have pulled backhoes or anything like that with 3.55's, but it was a great work truck for what I pulled with it.

Both Fords will serve you well :)

bbhlawn
03-19-2005, 08:58 PM
About the largest load is when it pulls the bobcat, but that's only about 6-7,000 at the heavy side other then that it will lead a easy life. I can't say enough good things about Ford trucks. :blob3:

We had Dodge before, but when the miles start adding up we have always run into tranny issue's.

FrankenScagMachines
03-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah I don't know much about the newer Ford transmissions, but as for the C6's, those were bulletproof. My F350 had that. I also had a '90 F250 w/351, 5 spd ZF and 3.55's. Good truck as well...

I was a Ford guy. I bought the old Dodge because my uncle had one like it and I have a TON of memories in that truck it was a go anywhere do anything truck, so I always wanted one like it. Plus I needed a plowtruck, and the price was right. Its super easy to work on and very strong and tough.
The '94 Cummins I bought as I wanted something newer and nicer and that got much better fuel economy. I wanted something a little smaller, the flatbed was too big for me to use for personal use and the 460 was too thirsty for my wallet to handle. The Cummins I can afford to drive so I take it all over. Got 18 mpg last tank. Diesel is same price as 87 gas right now anyway. Yeah the maintenance is more costly, but less frequent intervals and with fuel prices at $2.13 a gallon gas or diesel, you'll save more in fuel with a diesel than you would save on maintenance with a gasser IMHO. Its got plenty of power, drives really nice (any truck would do those things) looks pretty good (again a Ford would do that) but its got a Cummins, and Ford's don't have that!! LOL. nothin against a powerstroke, but I love the Cummins. Dad works there too so can't bite the hand that feeds you. This one has already had its tranny problems and been rebuilt. I plan to go easy on it especially with loads and hope it lasts a while for me. It has 3.50 gears which is great because it pulls my big trailer just great, yet keeps RPM's very low on highway in overdrive :)

Sorry to get off topic. You'll love your Fords. I probably will buy Fords in the future. This time around it was just that this Dodge fit the bill and wasn't too expensive for what it is. Dodge's do seem to have a weak tranny but only because the Cummins is too strong for standard pickup transmissions :D

Good luck with the trucks and make sure they work hard to pay for themselves :)