PDA

View Full Version : What size are you running?

Craftybigdog
03-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey guys Im struggling with what size enclosed trailer to buy. I like a 8x20 small easily moved around. But here is the delima I have a chance to buy a 8.5x30 15600 gvw 3 axle trailer all diamond plate floor. A generator a air compressor and recessed outside work lights a awning work bench and cabinets. Its a 1999 and has been garaged the whole time. He wants 10000.00 for it. Now this would be nice but man is this a long trailer. My F-450 would pull it fine and I could put all my mowers in it. What do you think? Thanks alot, Im just getting tired of the open trailer!

J.Gordon
03-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Sounds like a good deal, but a 30í trailer would not work for me at all. Itís hard to get a 20í in a lot of places, thatís why I will probably keep the 16í. If you get it I would keep a smaller trailer. (Just in case)

nobagger
03-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Man thats a huge trailer! I personally think its almost too big, unless you are doing larger commercial accounts. Could you imagine trying to manuver that thing around a subdivision with cars parked on both sides of the street. I guess it all depends on how much equipment you need all day. Will you be living in it too?LOL. It sounds like a nice set up though, with the benches and generators etc. Also sounds like he had a lot of fluff in it though that will take up room that you could use. :dizzy:

grass disaster
03-19-2005, 08:35 PM
a 30 footer holy smokes that's longer than my house. that's like driving a semi around. you could load it up with all your stuff and it would take you about 20 min just to get to the front equipment. YOUR CRAZY MAN imo

Craftybigdog
03-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah guys I just wanted your opinion. Yeah its a huge trailer, to big. I have to get one to haul 3 Kubota Zd-28 in.

yamadooski
03-20-2005, 03:57 AM
That sounds like our racing trailer!
That is way to big for lawn biz. Hauling 3 ZTRs get the 20 footer.