PDA

View Full Version : Cat Rental Store

bigz1001
03-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Has anyone done buisness with the "CAT Rental Store"? There are several of these in my area and I wonder how they compare in price and service to the other rental stores.

DKinWA
03-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I prefer our local cat rental store because the machines are typically low hour machines in good condition. Prices are similiar or slightly higher than the smaller stores, but the condition of their equipment more than makes up for the price difference.

Scag48
03-19-2005, 10:50 PM
We use our Cat rental store ALOT. We just rented a Cat 312CL with a breaker to bust up some rock and build a rock wall tomorrow morning. The machine is brand new, 8 hour rental and delivery 40 miles on a lowboy and back to the shop is $550. We could rent the machine for a day for $425 w/o the breaker but I don't have a truck to transport it. We love the service our dealer gives us. We are published in Cat's "Tools @ Work" publication that you can get from the dealers in Issue 2, Volume 2. Last summer, the photographer visited us on site and took pictures of my dad running our equipment. Then, he did the little interview of why we like our machine and now it's in the literature. We are very proud to have our company and equipment represented by Cat and our dealer has been super to deal with since day one. They listen to our needs from what some would call a "small scale" contractor. Up here, they don't sell too many skid steers, mostly large pieces, but they busted their rear ends to help us decide which skid best suited us. That was 1.5 years ago when we purchased our machine and they still treat us like we're buying equipment, even if we're just renting. Customer service from them has been 110%. About half of the people I talk to about equipment asks me why we bought Cat and not another brand and I tell them all the same thing...We buy the best from the best in the business. Doesn't get much better.

Tigerotor77W
03-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Just to add in a random comment here: yeah, I'd be inclined to believe the Rental Store does a good job. Cat's been missing out on the compact equipment (not just skids and mini-exs but also handheld tools, lifts, et al) because of a late entry; its lack of being in this market also means it's somewhat isolated to potential buyers of the CCE that it DOES make. For example, in the 90s, you could go to a IR dealer and see IR pumps and compressors and Bobcat loaders; when you wanted to buy a loader, you would think, "Hey, I saw a Bobcat at the IR dealer... why not give them a try?" If Cat can get more people to see its yellow by renting other, related equipment, they can get people to buy their own machinery.

Of course this has no bearing whatsoever on how the CRS does business, but just some food for thought.