PDA

View Full Version : Cheap easy water cooler rack

FrankenScagMachines
03-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Took an old milk crate. Cut the top part off where its got the mesh look (used sawz-all with steel blade) and cut out a notch for the water spout. Used a cheap tie down strap (not the ratcheting kind, just pull it and push the lever to release). Welded an extra supporting bracket to the trailer frame to support the inside edge of the crate bottom. The other side of the crate bottom sits on the trailer rail. Hit it up with some black spray paint. You can get creative and do it to suit your own setup and needs but this worked great for me, was very easy and cheap and didn't take long at all. I already had all the ingredients. :cool2:

FrankenScagMachines
03-20-2005, 10:47 PM

FrankenScagMachines
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
This pic shows the whole rig from the back end. I'm standing at pretty much the back. The Lawn Boy 21 and John Deere GS30 36" are at the front. In the miscellaneous space in front near the 21" we have parking cones, side bagger and sulky for the JD. The Exmark TTHP 52" is in the middle with the ProSlide bungy corded totally vertical to save length. The JD can sneak up the side gate right past the Exmark. The Exmark goes around the Pro-Locker and sits there. The Ferris IS1000Z 52" rider goes in the back and latches into the ProLocker. There is enough room for the rider even if I have the bagger on that day. Trailer is 7.5' wide (since it wraps around the fenders, thats the total outside width too, nice as its narrow but wide space for equipment inside) and 22' long. The cage at the front holds fuel cans, handheld Echo blower, Echo 650 backpack and RedMax 8000 backpack. The rack on the rear holds Echo 230 trimmer, Stihl FS80 trimmer and Stihl FC85 edger. This rig works great for us :)
The trailer has a solid oak floor, backup lights with backup alarm, two sets of running lights/turn signals on each side of the trailer, one set near the front and one set near the rear on the sides. Has electric brakes on both axles, with safety breakaway battery and a trickle charger for that battery. Sweet trailer (actually I built it LOL).

The rider is at the dealer that is why its not in the picture. The starter relay went bad on it.

Truck is a '94 Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins Turbo Diesel and automatic overdrive transmission. Love it! I love this whole rig. Its all working out great it seems :cool2: Can't wait to use it this summer :) :D

Breyerconstruct
03-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Nice looking set-up!

Any pix of the 76 Dodge?

we run Dodges, love em. they've been the best for us.

~Matt

FrankenScagMachines
03-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks Matt. Here you go- just posted these just now for you :) http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=961972#post961972

tiedeman
03-21-2005, 03:00 PM
does it get in the way at where it is mounted at?

KathysLGC
03-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Where are you mounting the kitchen sink? LoL

tiedeman
03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
prolocker user...good man

I love them

jimslawns
03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
How do you start that TT, does it have E.S. as well? (pic 1)

olderthandirt
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Another cheap water cooler holder is a strap that holds the propane bottles on the front of campers! I find them at most camper stores used for a couple dollars, just mount it on the fender and they work perfectly. No welding just drill 2 holes and bolt it down with the spout over hanging the fender.

AssuredServicesCo
03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
If your water cooler.......you might be a redneck!

AlbeLawn
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
i used a old steel milk crate and just had to cut out a hole in one side and it works without a strap.

Lawnworks
03-22-2005, 11:40 PM
This is off the subject, but how do you like that 22' trailer? That thing must be looooong. I don't see how it doesn't get on your nerves. I am convinced trailering is not for me and my dodge flatbed is being converted into a landscape bed. And I will make a prediction that when you go bigtime, trailers will be an afterthought.

Critical Care
03-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Another great holder for these water coolers is a length of 12" diameter pvc or similar pipe. Make the length long enough so that the handles of the cooler are just above the pipe, and cut a slot down one side for the spigot. With this you shouldn't have to strap the cooler down.