View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 08:55 AM

There is more than 1 way to Skin a Cat!

Hello Everybody:

You can have a lot more flexibility by using a HTML Editor & then either use a Program to fix it where one of your pages is set up as a self executing .ini file. There is quite a few that are Free at some of the Larger freeware websites.

I have decided against that & opted for a E-Book that has a Self Executable file. Nothing installs on the Hardrive it runs on it's own. All you have to do build the Html Pages & have the Pictures also in the same folder. Then point the E-book editor to the folder with the HTML pages & Pictures.

Then the whole process only takes a few minutes to process after doing it a few times. The reason I opted for this is it's simpler & I could also put on floppy to obtain the same results. That way I have both options a CD or floppy. The floppy of course will not hold as much. Another advantage is the E-book can also be downloaded from the Internet, this is what I'm doing now.

Now I'm in the process of building a subweb on my puter in Front Page 2000 & there is a Freeware Addon for FP2K that is made by Strictly British that when you finish it, you just click on convert to CD & it is fixed where when you put the CD in it has a Auto Run .ini file. Then it's running on it's own.

The advantages are simple to the above it is really unlimited to what you can do with webpages & with your Pictures on there you could even have it talk to the people while showing them the pictures. You can have anything on there that is on the web including Flash 5, butt remember if they don't have the plug ins such as flash 5 then you have to put it on the CD & they might not like that. Because the plugins have to install on the Puter as far as I know, LOL I could be wrong. I'm still in the learning process myself! :-)

I'm using the E-book & I instantly get over 800% better results in obtaining potental customers. You can purchase E-Book programs anywhere from about $50 & up. Mine was about $50 & I'm going to upgrade to a new one that is I think about $50 more.

Now if you have FP2K Html editor I would get the Freeware addon & use it.

I personally think you need a litlle more than a slide show, because you got to go to the trouble anyway, so go whole hog & build it with more interaction with the customers. You could go as far as a wave file for your intro, show them a list of your services with pictures of you actually doing the work, show them your contract, explaining it as they view it & the rest is left up to you.

Folks really get into it & that can give you the edge far above the rest. It will virtually save many hours of work & as you get feedback from your customers then you can further improve on the Presentation.

It's all about Making Money in the shortest time. It's all about increasing your Sales to Bid Ratio thus Making you Mo Money!

Page generated in 0.05189 seconds with 7 queries