Thread: Staying Legal
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 09:14 AM
MMLawn's Avatar
MMLawn MMLawn is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winchestertonfieldville
Posts: 3,577
Pastor FORGET everything that this clown Grassmaster just told you because it is wrong and very bad advice! I will assume that at his young age of 24 he has decided to take the scrub path.

You will need General Commercial Liability Insurance ($1M is the standard normally) that you can get from just about any Insurance Agent. The rate will avry but you can probably figure on around $500 a year, and YES you will want the security of having it.

Business License you just contact your local City/County Tax Office that you will be doing work in and they will assist your needs.

Tax ID Number, ONLY if you INC or add employees. I would suggest at this point you keep it simple and just do a Sole Prop using your SSN. You WILL want a separate business checking acct, like John Doe d/b/a Pastors Lawn Care.

Good luck.
"There are no stupid questions.....but there are stupid People that ask them"

A friend of mine has a trophy wife……..apparently she wasn’t 1st place though

...Amateurs built the Ark but professionals built the Titanic...

Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 8 queries