View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
RESTRICTIVE COVENANT

Governing the Confidentiality of Information and Non-Solicitation of Company Business Or Customers by Contractor after Assignment with the Company.

This Restrictive Covenant is made between (Joe Landscaper D.B.A. JOES LANDSCAPING INC., Hometown, USA, the Company, Work Designator, and/or John Q. Public, D.B.A. SOUTHERN TIER LAWN & LANDSCAPE, Hometown, USA, the Sub-Contractor.

Whereas, the Sub-Contractor expressly understands and agrees to abide by the following covenant:

In recognition of the value of the trademark, corporate name, reputation, and good will of the Company, and the value of the training and operating methods and techniques of the Company, Sub-Contractor expressly covenants and agrees that in the event his work assignment is completed or terminated for any reason, he will not for a period of 18 months thereafter engage either directly or indirectly as a principal, alone or in association with others: in the solicitation of or in contracting with, existing customers of the company as specifically shown and listed hereto attached, similar services provided such customers by the company.

In the event that JOES LANDSCAPING INC. ceases operation, sells its business and/or accounts, or should become financially insolvent this covenant shall no longer be binding and will be considered null and void.

I, John Q. Public, the Contractor/Sub-Contractor, Have read, understand, and agree to the above covenant, and so acknowledge by my signature and date below.
Since we're on the subject. This is what we use and it basically states that for a period of 18 months they cannot solicite our customers.

I have worded it so that it does not try to keep them out of the Industry. This is what they do for a living I understand this aspect as well.

Have I overlooked something possibly??

Thanks for the help.
Kris

Page generated in 0.04473 seconds with 7 queries