View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
Well lemmie tell ya something Mr.Marko who are you to say whats neccesary or not to do for a customer and to make a buck?
I'm a Landscaper but when I first started out I did most of those things and more. . if that's what my cust needed done I did it wadda ya gonna do let them line somebody elses pockets?
I've ripped out old lawns and installed new ones both sod and seed,
Iv'e
rottotilled,pruned,mowed,mulched,cleaned gutters,powerwashed decks,repaired decks,aeriated,did clean-ups and lots of them,Tree work,rolling,walkways and pathways,washed and detailed-out several clients cars and got paid well for it too, Iv'e housesat with dogsitting at same time,
SO WHat? :blob3:
Does that make me a scrub?No it makes me much more informed,versatile,and well rounded in my knowlage,it makes me adaptible,and it allowed me to please my clients and get paid when some are sitting around waiting for the phone to ring,or waiting for the weather to change,
I was making money and good money at that.How would you like to stay in a totaly cool million dollar home overlooking a beutifull lake and get to use the jacuzzie,have meals free and feed a tiny dog twice a day,get paid for that plus get paid for doing a garden project at the place too while your there?
I mean who's gonna say no to that?A one week stay if you rent a place at that lake goes for $1700.00 to 2000.00
I stayed for free plus GOT paid for it too.

Everybody else?Sitting at home watching it snow and not making a dime.So how stupid do you really think I am??I'm proud to be a Janeof-all trades,though I am exclusive now,it sure never hurt me before.
I agree.....if I know I possess the skills to do a task and the opportunity arises to make money from using them I'm gonna do it.

I never think I'm too good for any job, well maybe garbage collection and sewer maintenance.

2004 Ford F-250 XL RC/LB 4x2 Power Stroke Diesel
2010 John Deere Z710A 48" cut
1999 John Deere GT-235/54" deck
1985 John Deere 212 w/38" deck
1983 John Deere 420 w/54" hydraulic front blade
1974 John Deere 140, 54" hydraulic blade, 3pt. hitch, tandem disc, plow, 48" deck
1971 John Deere 112, 38" deck, all original, down for engine rebuild.
1967 IH Cub Cadet 124 w/creeper box, disc, plow
1947 Economy/Power King Tractor S/N 590, fully restored.

Certified John Deere Technician

Page generated in 0.04828 seconds with 7 queries