View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
Jack of all trades, master of none. When you do "anything to make a buck" that's exactly what you are doing, making a buck, but not necessarily doing it well. When you do one thing, and do it well, you are making a profession. Would you hire the same guy that mows lawns, builds fences, cleans gutters to do your plumbing? I wouldn't. I'd hire a professional plumber. When trying to bring respectibility and legitimacy to the green industry, it's hard to do so when someone who does anything to make a buck calls himself a green industry professional.

I have , and still would if I had the time, built a privacy lattice fence, installed a paver patio, did brick and mortar steps and quite a bit of other "landscape work". All this work was in the landscape for 1 client, his home is worth well over $1,000,000 and I did charge a premium for my services. It doesn't take much skill to mow a lawn but it does to properly install and manage a landscape. Around here the best and most expensive lanscape company does all construction pertaining to the landscape and also did maintenance until they sold off that division.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 7 queries