Thread: Advice Wanted
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
Did you knock and confirm before mowing? Obviously if she calls and says she didn't confirm, there is a conflict of opinion there. You should take this as a learning experience. I don't mow anyone unless I get the okay in person to my face. Calling someone and saying I'm going to mow unless you call to say no isn't a confirmation. What if she didn't get the message? I sent out 3 renewal notices to some people this spring whom I never heard back from, yet I still get calls from those people who didn't renew saying they never got the info or forgot to send it in, etc. I didn't renew anyone who didn't sign the renewal and return it.

If someone showed up and just started mowing my lawn without permission, I'd let them finish too then tell them to hit the road.

Bottom line is, your process is flawed, and in court you haven't a leg to stand. It's called cover your ass, and in the future I suggest you do so. As it is now, you might get paid if she decides to pay you, but you don't have any recourse if she doesn't as far as I can see.

She called me and said she would pay....but says she didn't confirm it. She confirmed it when she said OK on the phone and confirmed it when she didn't call me back, or stop me when i was there. then call days later and act like i'm some jackoff idiot and don't know what i heard.

This is the first time my process has "flawed" in 5 years.
7'x18' Custom Open Trailer
7'x12' Big Tex Open Trailer
8.5'x24' King American Enclosed
2006 Grasshopper 928D 61" (4,700 hrs!! )
2011 Grasshopper 930D
2005 JD 737 60"
Snapper 21" Hi-Vac Commercial
Lawnboy 21" Duraforce x2
Shindaiwa: T2500 | T231 | T242 | LE261 | EB630RT | 488 | DH2510 | RS76S
Tanaka: TBC-255PF | TBC-280PF | TPH-270PF
Fisher 8'6" Extreme V SS

Page generated in 0.04346 seconds with 7 queries