Thread: exmark oil
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SproulsMowingService
Is Conoco oil company owned by Shell? I did some research on JD oil, and found that it is produced by Conoco oil company. At least the engine oil is. With the price of JD oil, and knowing full well that JD doesn't have any oil rigs, I figured I would just find out if there were any real difference in the oil in their bottles compared to oil in a name brand oil bottle. I didn't see any real difference so I started using Quaker State, the same oil that I have been using in all of my engines since I started mowing our lawn at home nearly 30 years ago. Only one engine through a rod; and believe me, it was that mowers time to go!
I cant say about now, but about 5 years ago JD oil was Shell. The trucking Company I worked for, we had used Drydene motor oil for years, but due to price and poor dealer support we switched to Shell rottela. I had used JD oil for a few years and always notice the bad smell of the oil. The day the Shell dist. came to fill our bulk tanks at the shop everyone was like what died in that tank? what are you pumping in our tanks? Then I remembered that smell and said hey we are getting JD oil here. The Dist said oh you notice the likeness of the smell and told me that Shell was the supplier of Deere oil.

Page generated in 0.04082 seconds with 7 queries