Thread: engine tapping
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
hello everyone, this is my first post here and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a poulan lawnmower with a 15 hp briggs and stratton engine. The Problem is that at idle I can hear a tapping or even a knocking sound coming from the engine when I speed the engine up I can't hear it anymore. It still runs great but has been worrying me, so any ideas that you might have will be appreciated. Thanks.
Just run it , When i had my small engine shop opened full time , i can not rember how many of the 14.5hp to 16 hp one lungers i had come in here with the same thing , My 1999 Craftsman has the 14.5 Hp briggs and that sucker at idle has always knocked . Shove in on the clutch and it would ease up in sound let back out and was noisier, over 3,000 hrs later the SOb still is knocking at idle and still runs , I tore it completly down once cause it was bugging me . Damned if i know what it is cause their was not a thing out of spec nor loose. I think its in the spark timing making the knock my self . but since ya cant adjust it i guess it will just knock away

Page generated in 0.04479 seconds with 7 queries