Thread: My broken belt
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator610
I have a 2000 Scag Turf Tiger. Three weeks ago, the belt that runs the hydro pump's broke. Because my dealer is not open on Saturday I got a replacement belt from N.A.P.A., manufactured by Gates. I installed it and it was working well for about three week and it broke. My question is; will a belt that I would buy from an auto part dealer be the correct type to work in the mowing environment? Or do I need to get the factory replacement belt for reliability? Or could I be having a bigger problem with my hydro pumps?
How long had the OEM belt been on your unit ?
OEM'S experiment with different wound belts to determine which type will be the most reliabile. NAPA or Gates belts are what is called a wrapped belt and will not in most cases last as long as a cut edge belt. I'm not familiar with your unit to know what type belt goes on it but if it was a cut edge you should install the same for reliability.
I have found that going from a cut belt to a wrapped on Dixie Choppers just doesn't work very well either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!

Page generated in 0.04003 seconds with 7 queries