Thread: toro 21"
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2000, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Toro 21&quot; Commercial today, and then come home to read these comments. Glad they were all positive. <p>One main reason I went with the Toro was for cheaper maintenance. When I stated in business I bought a JD 21&quot; Commercial w/ 5.5 Kawasaki engine. And it is a good mower. But in three years I have had to replace wheels ($100 set), Replace blade clutch($99), wear out and break the drive cable at every few months ($16 a pop), have to change oil and filter every month ($10), etc, etc.<p>The other reason I went with the Toro was, I have had one for about 18 yrs. I bought it way before I thought about mowing for money. I mowed my 3.5 acres with it for about 10 yrs. I am ashamed to admit it though, but I really abused that mower. Left it out in the rain. I used it as a brush mower. I'd cut anything with it. If it would bend under the deck I'd mow it. It finally developed a crack in the deck and I put the engine on a used deck and gave it to my son. It still runs today. Will usually start on the first pull. I don't really think you can hurt one of these mowers.<p>The one thing that I have a problem with the Toro though, is that I am over 6' and the handles are a little low to the ground for me. Am looking for some extensions. Any ideas? And had to do some adjustments to the handle and kill switch so mower would keep running when handle is released. I know that is not recommended to do, but is a real pain for a commercial mower to have this feature. But since I am the only one to use this mower I know what I did.<p>Jim<br>

Page generated in 0.04460 seconds with 7 queries