View Single Post
Old 04-18-2000, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've put in my share of new lawns before, but recently got a call to put in a new lawn from scratch on a parcel of ground that's about 1.8 acres! It's a 200x400 plot.<br>It is out in the country, & surrounded by cornfields. The area in question is gentle rolling terrain, with weeds & field growth like a pasture , about 50-50 visible growth, the rest visible dirt. growth is 3-5&quot; tall.<br>The house will sit in the middle, but that is immaterial at this point. The bid will be for the 200x400 plot for sake of round numbers.<br>Question is, will skid loaders with harley rakes be enough to remove top growth & plant new? I was thinking of 2 loaders with harley rakes, or maybe 1 with rake while other scoops up scrap & weeds. Will these be efficient enough, or would a small backhoe or tractor with york rake be needed? 2 acres of bare ground is BIG when you're standing in the middle of it. Any thoughts or experiences on how I can use the right tool for the job, & be time efficient?<br>Also, after reading various posts, I'm assuming it's best to tackle a project like that in dry weather, so's not to make a bloody mess & get equipment stuck, etc. If so, what's the best way to keep an area like that watered? The house will be in by then, & I'm assuming to use garden hose & multiple sprinklers. Thanks for your suggestions<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

Page generated in 0.03948 seconds with 7 queries