View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dutchman, hopefully Dan will chime in and explain why, but I can give you some information. Pro Landscape is not an easy or simple program to use, as are none of the "design softwares". If you are looking for an easy way to create designs, sub the work out to a designer. If you would like to lead the design, find a designer that will work with you on that level. I have found most landscapers have enough to do with clients, installation, procuring materials and running a business to find time to learn and master a software program and attempt to create quality designs. If you are not a designer, these programs will not help you! There are simply digital pencils and in 3D imaging mode a simple presentation tool. That's a lot of cash and time for something you may not make good use of. The 3D imaging is relatively simple to get a grasp on, but is really only a presentation tool to give your clients an idea of what you are trying to do. The design will not look exactly like the 3D image. The 2D or plan mode is CAD based and CAD is not easy to master. It's also expensive to buy a program, take the time to learn it, purchase a large format printer, ink and paper to go along with it. If you don't do design work regularly, it's a large expense that you may not get your monies worth. The real issue here is it is not going to help you design, but just assist you in getting your point across to your customer. As far as plans go, I still prefer to draw mine by hand. I am able to view the entire plan at all times, changes are simple to make and the Kinkos up the street makes copies at .75 sqft. I di enjoy the 3D imaging and have increased the size of jobs for the installers I draw for because of the imaging and it's assistance in getting the idea across to the clients. I do use the plan mode for small drawings, patios, sidewalks, beds or borders and can print them on my normal printer or email them to installers. Just my thoughts and experience with Pro Landscape, which I use and other software that I have tried. If you would like more information, feel free to contact me.

Kirk

Page generated in 0.03891 seconds with 7 queries