View Single Post
Old 04-09-2000, 02:15 PM

Hello:<p>Charles, is on the right track. I always figured time though. I don't know how big - big bushs are, a 40'long over grown hedge is, or a bunch of smaller bushes is, what I mean is, the size?<p>Lets say the 40' hedge can be trimmed with gas powered trimmers, easy access (less than 6' tall & 4' across). This means you can use 2'ft ladder or one of those dangerous 5 gal. buckets? Then clean out beds & get to truck or street.<p>If I needed work real bad 1 1/2 hours, didn't need work bad 2 hours & didn't care if I got the job or not 2 1/2 to 3 hours.<p>Plus time hauling & desposal fee if it applies in your area. I would add the fee anyway, even if you have a place to dump for free or not. Because the other guys might have to figure this expense in.<p>If bushes require heavy cutting with hand lopers & a little gas trimmers. I would probably come close to doubling that amount.<p>I also figure my cleanups at about $5 a hour less than running major lawn equipment.<p>2 big bushes, lets say 6'tall & 3' in diameter roughly. If I needed work real bad 40 min., & didn't care if I got the job or not 50 min. to 1 hour.<p>Make your own time on different task & keep records of it. Then later make yourself a chart or cheat sheet to go by. It will make you big bucks in the long run when you are bidding those cleanups!<p>Would others please give their time on a job with exact same size hedge & 2 big bushes. I would very much like input from others.<p>Thank you in advance for your time, if you decide to answer the above questions! <p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

Page generated in 0.04090 seconds with 7 queries