View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, shoulda mentioned that a chip or programmer is needed to get the full advantage of bigger injectors. But i think I will have to disagree that performance injectors will lead to breaking more parts and shorter engine life. Any performance modification, other than maybe a straight pipe and intake, can/will do this depending on how the truck is driven. I have heard a couple of horror stories of guys with the EDGE evolution in their PSD's and toasting an engine, because they either didnt keep an eye on their EGT's, or didnt have a gauge to watch. A good friend of mine has a 94 F350 4x4 (basically the same truck only no dump) that he pulls a 24' enclosed trailer with to races all over the country. Truck has 250K, with Swamps performance injectors (whatever the mid-range ones are) a 4 position custom chip, downpipe, straight pipe and air box. He has power when he wants it, but gets BETTER fuel mileage now than he did stock if he drives it sensibly. O yeah, it competes in, and finishes top 5, at several local truck pulls every summer. Any performance enhancing modification can lead to breaking stuff, a lot, if you don't drive sensibly. I just know that when the time for my injectors to get changed rolls around here in 20K or so, I am going w/ Beans Stage I's, and trading my EDGE for a custom chip. I also know that I am not gonna pull my valve covers to change 1 measly injector, why not put in all new ones and glow plugs so that you KNOW everything is new and good?

Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 7 queries