View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was kidding... but it would tick me off that one disclosed the price and the other was crying even though they were paying less.

Would I go down in price? NO.

Want to know what I would really honestly truthfully say in this situation?
"Well just to be frank with you sir, the truth is, I really should be charging your neighbor with twice as much for his lawn. At least a good $60-70 a cut. But I tried to be nice and cut the guy some slack since I have you on this street too and his lawn keeps me in one place longer. Here I have tried to do something nice for someone, and had it backfire on me the other way."

Now that's what I would say... and I have said it. Learned that one by accident (because it really was true) and I picked up real quick on the fact of how much more effective that is than any other explaination is. So I am either saying it because it is true, or I am saying it to be a smart@ss to a couple of smart@sses.

It's effective on both parties. Any other way and you are either going down on price, or loosing the one customer because you won't, and his buddy up the street.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04183 seconds with 7 queries