View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkid
Tim,
Not bad turnout. I like to think better results are achieved from a skidsteer mounted harley than a tractor mounted but that's just me and my experiences. You will notice as you continue to grade out properties for new homes that there is no good dirt left because the builder and general contractors usually scrape it all away by the time the landscaper gets there. We try to add at least 2-3" of good topsoil with organics before seeding. We will be starting lawn installs in about two weeks once these neverending cleanups and mulch installations get done. We have this one job in particular to do that should be fun. The whole house is built on fill. We'll take pics of some of the surprises we find.
I don't know about the better turn out with the skid steer, and in my situation it is a mute point simply because I have the tractor. This was my very first final grade job, so hopefully I will get better as time goes on, and I am sure that this fact has a lot to do with what this yard has turned out like.

There are things that I will be doing differently from here on out.

Tim

Page generated in 0.04551 seconds with 7 queries