View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LwnmwrMan22
Envy -

I don't know about you, but that's not out of the norm for me.

My Kubota dealer, or the other dealer that I deal with for parts for my Ferris, handheld equipment, or PermaGreen, they've always "next-dayed" the parts for me if they didn't have them in stock, and still ate the cost of shipping.

I'm not talking about your situation, since it's a warranty issue and it's coming straight from Lesco, but I know my Kubota dealer, they'd rather stock the normal stuff (blades, belts, filters, etc.) and overnight the other stuff and eat the cost of shipping, rather than have parts on hand that may sit there for 1-2 years before someone finally needs it.

Now it WOULD be nice to walk in the dealer and say I need this NOW and walk out, but at the same time, there's always something that I can do for a day if it's a major part that shuts me down. I've learned to understand that if it's something that's rare, like you said, that basically places don't want to carry a parts inventory as much as in the past, so if they'll next day it for me, then that's just fine.
Well, I think that's great. I wish we had dealers like that here locally but we don't. We have maybe one that is close, but only time will tell. But basically, I have just never had the pleasure of having a local dealer be that good and fast with parts/service/warranty.

Like I've said before, I went with Lesco once I got fed up and realized I would either...
(A) Have to take a gamble with one local dealer.
or
(B) Go with an out of town dealer.

I decided to choose (B) and once I decided that, I figured I may as well drive down and check out Lesco. From the first phone call until today, Lesco has been 'earning' my business.

And like I have said here before, Lesco makes my local dealers look bad from 80 miles away... and now I guess you could say they make them look bad all the way from Ohio....

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04616 seconds with 7 queries