View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wski4fun
35 a man hr is standard around here. of course mowing brings in more than that a so does fert and mulching. when I estimate a job I use the 35 per hr. If it takes me less time then I make more. If I underestimate then I stop at the price and say that's what the price gets you. No one would stay in business around here if they told thier cust they are charging 45 or more per hr for maint. If I end up making that on avg. so be it but I could never tell the cust. that.
I don't know where you get that $35/hr is standard where you are. I would figure it would be more down your way than up in NH. You are either low balling or don't have the right equipment for the job. Hourly rates and the right equipment go hand in hand. Any time that we bid on an hourly basis (which is rare) our minimum is $50/man hr. That is a figure that I am not really happy with but at least I know that I am going to get that risk free. I usually expect more per hour for mowing than mulching because mowing requires more overhead. Irrigation work has a minumum of $65/hr plus all the mark-up on parts. No one seems to have any problem with that rate.

Page generated in 0.04308 seconds with 7 queries