Thread: What are you?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2001, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are you?

I curious as to the ability of the people who are using this new and awesome forum. I will try and help answer any questions that I can. I have a wide range of knowledge of repair and operating equipment.

My background includes learning the basics of repairs and welding on a family farm, working for a large farmer(farmed 33 square miles of farm land)/used equipment dealer as a mechanic/operator, worked as a mechanic at medium sized lawnmower shop off and on for about 2 years, attended diesel technology school(1 of 13 in the nation to be back by Catapillar), work as a Service Technician for City of San Diego's Police Department and Equipment Division for 3 years, work as an Equipment Technician for 4 years at the City of San Diego's Mt. Hope Cemetery on turf equipment, work as a Equipment Technician for 2.5 years for City of San Diego Metro Div. of the Park & Rec Dept. Currently I now supervise the repair shop and oversee purchasing of turf equipment for Metro P&R, while still turning a wrench or two.
Our shop repairs, rebuilds, and maintain about 500 pieces of turf equipment and other non-turf equipment. I also have attended many training schools offered by turf equipment manafactures.

I'm still learning new things every day, but still have a lot to offer.
City of San Diego

We enrich lives through quality parks and programs.

Page generated in 0.04173 seconds with 7 queries