View Single Post
Old 03-31-2000, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The real problem here is the fact that the average homeowner doesn't understand that the Dixie Chopper I'm towing behind my $18,000 truck on my $2000 trailer costs over $9000! They think that a craftsman rider can do the same job. So let them get a craftsman and do it themselves. Your equipment is expensive and therefore time is money. If you can, get an established customer base and keep them happy. I rarely take on new work because I don't have time for it. I have only been in business for 2 years (full time). You will get to the point where you won't even go out to a home unless you think it will be profitable. Free Quotes really bite if you ask me. I don't want to go out and spend 1/2 hour listening to how some old ladys yard looks like crap and she has $75 a month that she can "give" you if you make it look nice. Take that job and shove it. If you are just starting out and you need work then go get it. If you have no work then get out in your mom's front yard and pick weeds, mulch it, do SOMETHING! I am at my moms eating lunch right now and right before I ate I was mowing the lawn and had someone ask me if I could look at their lawn. So get out there, the customers are waiting, but don't count yourself short, someone is willing to pay you decent money if you do great work. BTW sorry to ramble on like that.

Page generated in 0.04003 seconds with 7 queries