View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ethics/Loyalty/Service/Wants POLL

OK, here's a good "what would you do?" poll...

Here's the situation...

I'm in the market for some new trimmers, and I have been lagging around about getting a really light trimmer (a Robin 2050 specifically) and I've just never gotten around to it. But now, getting a light trimmer has shifted to first on my priority list.

Now, here is my situation....

Dealer #1 knows I'm in the market for new stuff, as this is where I have purchased some parts recently. I do a fair amount of parts business with them, as in I often end up there for parts others do not have in stock. I have some of the parts I bought that are of no use to me. They will probably allow me to get a refund.

They have been a little better at coming through for me than most and I would give them a 'B' I guess. So if they refund me for this stuff, well then I sort of feel like I should buy new from them. But they do not carry Robin. Only Echo, RedMax and Stihl, and they don't carry any units lighter than say the Echo 210.

Dealer #2 also knows I am in the market. They carried Robin for a short period, and now have RedMax. Well, low and behold, RedMax has a near clone of the Robin 2050, just a little heavier (2300S). So of course he suggests the unit and I tell him I have never owned any RedMax stuff at all. Then he offers me a demo of a larger unit so I can see if the vibes are ok with me. I think this is VERY important and try my best to buy from places that will let you demo.

This along with the fact that I have tried my best to give him some of my business every time I have made a purchase since he has opened... But so far I haven't bought the first thing... well I feel bad in a way, and I'd feel worse if I demoed and did not buy.

Dealer #3 has no idea at all, and also happens to be the last one I'd like to see get my money. But he has the Robin I want in stock at the right price that I wish dealer #2 had.

So I'm stuck in a situation of Ethics/Loyalty/Service/Wants...

So the poll is, who would you buy from?

Dealer #1 who doesn't leave you stuck with new parts that are useless to you, but does not have what you wanted exactly, but has acceptable stuff?

Dealer #2 who offers you an important demo and you want to give him some business, but does not have what you wanted exactly, but has acceptable stuff?

Dealer #3 who has exactly what you want, but doesn't know you are looking to buy, and is only a C average establishment with a good parts department?

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04985 seconds with 7 queries