View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderthandirt
If a certain dealer had exactly what I wanted and the others did not then theres nothing to choose from.
I understand that, believe me...

But what I am asking is this...

Does that dealer deserve my business just because he's the one who stocks what I had in mind? (Robin 2050)

Dealer #2 has almost a clone of the same machine (RedMax TR2300S) and is offering me a good demo of the RedMax brand trimmer (2600 I think) so I can get a feel for the driveline, ect. My concessions would be a pound of weight and $50... but he's trying to earn my business.

Dealer #1 doesn't have anything exactly in that class, but he sells good brands like Echo, RedMax and Stihl. But if he does right by me is that not enough to extend our relationship? And is that not enough to make some small concessions like a few pounds? (3 or more)

These are the types of things I figure many of us contractors are faced with from time to time. To me, it seems hard to know what the right decision is sometimes... and for me this is one of those times.

I guess for me, I want what I want or had in mind, but at the same time I also want to try to give my business to those who try to do something to deserve it...

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04446 seconds with 7 queries