Thread: Gas prices
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2000, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow Ed<p>I've already have raised most of my accounts already. The point that I was trying to make is at what point do you swallow the extra cost of fuel.<p>At least in my area i can use the cost of rent, fuel, disposal, (dumps) & insurance as it seems it goes up every single month. In late Jan., I was paying $1.46 a gallon, now $1.98. That's a hell of a hit.<p>My next problem, how would you like to have this type of competition? In a two-block area, (about 40 houses per block) I have 32 houses. Each lawn is approximately just a hair above 400 square feet? There are at least 18 different maintenance people working this same area. How much can I increase my prices and not lose any of the fixed income people? I won't be able to because the cost of living is so high here that money talks and quality walks. There are people still that will pay for quality and service, but most of the time it boils down to money.<br>Jean<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

Page generated in 0.04158 seconds with 7 queries