Thread: Site Progress
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMan
Just one of the rules here.
Because as well as being a contractor I am sometimes "paid" as a marketing/sales trainer/speaker/consultant/host/copywriter/yawn... as something I have taken up as age catches up with me...
They (lawnsite) sent me an e-mail that unless I pay for being a "sponsor" I can't get a post count so there is no way I can get enough posts to send and receive private messages.
I haven't seen a forum just fix it where you can't accumulate posts, others commonly just ban you if you abuse the system (like sending spam or advertising by PM, a very common and good rule for a forum to have and enforce, nobody likes junk PM's) but that's why "0" post count.

It is strange they restrict stuff like that while at the same time I have asked 3 times and have never received a rate chart (a chart that would show what a "sponsor" is and what you get for whatever it costs etc. Most would also show all their advertising options like all the banners & stuff you see, the rates, and what comes with each, so you can see if you want to be a "sponsor" or is buying a banner what makes you a sponsor or is that 2 different things ). Usually forums appreciate free advice from people a little more than "laymen" on topics (like a mechanic offering advice on why somebody's engine is making that weird noise) as long as you aren't trying to "advertise" for free, and I haven't ever tried.

I'm not complaining, it's their forum to set the rules, but I can't change it and I know that looks "funny".
(And it's not a big enough thing to me to pay for a bunch of advertising but there have been a couple of people I might have sent a tip to now or then, that they might have found embarrasing if I had posted it; or things like a specific line of code I would never post vebatim because it would contain info about their site they might not want "public")
1. No one ever told you that if you are not a paying sponsor that you would not have a post count... not very professional to just make things up - no one's posts count in the "web site discussion forum"....or in the "off topic forum".... it was set up that way a long time ago

2. If you are not looking to profit from the site why keep replacing your signature over and over again with who you are, what you do and how to reach you? Let me guess... out of the goodness of your heart, right?

3. The ad rates have been emailed to you twice - maybe in all of your infinite online/web knowledge you should get someone to help you read email....

4. We have removed several posts of your's and your signature line several times where you did in fact advertise, so once again, not wise or mature to make things look ne way then they are another.

5. Your post count looks "funny" because you have yet to venture out of the forum where you are attempting to drum up business. Jump in a commercial forum and then take a gander at your post count.....

6. Bottom line, you have been smug about all of this from day one and it is not appreciated....

Anything else you want me to address "WebMan"?

Page generated in 0.05057 seconds with 7 queries