Thread: Dixie Choppers
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma200
I think it's the front lip of the deck causing it to loose vacuum on taller grass. They sell a piece that goes all the way across the front of the deck to help with bagging which would also give it more lift. I'm waiting for some one else to figure this out for sure before I put any more money in the mower. My cut is not terrible but not great at 3.5" to 4" I mow side by side with the Exmark to make sure and the Exmark side each blade of grass has been stood up (by the lift of the deck) and cut even while the hustler has blades of grass that are sticking up higher than the rest. If you go over a dip it is very apparent that the Hustler looses all the suction because thats where you see alot of grass cut very unevenly. Pj gave me the part number for this baffle on one of the Hustler post but I don't have it with me at this time.
What hustler did was make a Z turn deck to show what this thing can do for maximum productivity in open areas that do not get cut all the time with tall long stingers.. They should have a front baffel section you can buy to lower the front baffel along with the bolt on front strip you are talking about. That will stand all the grass up better and should fix your problem. Hustler should get to work on something like this so they will have a deck for all ocassions. For me the stock setup is great the front is designed not as low to keep from pushing the stingers all the way over so they stand back up easier and get cut lower. For wide open cutting where I am at the machine is great and I commend Hustler but they need to help you all solve your problem. I bought this machine for a certain cutting condition and Hustler decided a while ago for what I was doing there was a need for the XR7. I got lucky and bought a Hustler just because they looked like they were the best engineered and made but little did I realize the machine was designed specifically what I wanted it for. I am real happy!

Page generated in 0.04114 seconds with 7 queries