Thread: Dixie Choppers
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALSLOW
What hustler did was make a Z turn deck to show what this thing can do for maximum productivity in open areas that do not get cut all the time with tall long stingers.. They should have a front baffel section you can buy to lower the front baffel along with the bolt on front strip you are talking about. That will stand all the grass up better and should fix your problem. Hustler should get to work on something like this so they will have a deck for all ocassions. For me the stock setup is great the front is designed not as low to keep from pushing the stingers all the way over so they stand back up easier and get cut lower. For wide open cutting where I am at the machine is great and I commend Hustler but they need to help you all solve your problem. I bought this machine for a certain cutting condition and Hustler decided a while ago for what I was doing there was a need for the XR7. I got lucky and bought a Hustler just because they looked like they were the best engineered and made but little did I realize the machine was designed specifically what I wanted it for. I am real happy!
That is the way I feel I want to cut as much as I can as fast as possible. I have never thought about the height I am mowing to much because I am on my personal property with to many acres to mow. One of you might be able to estimate the height I'm cutting, I run 8 lbs. of air in every tire and the pin is in the fifth hole for 90% of the cutting I do, what height would this be? It cuts clean there for me but if I go up to the sixth hole it want cut nearly as clean with any speed at all in comparison.

Page generated in 0.04584 seconds with 7 queries