View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echomaniac
ya your right chrome the cylinders on the poulan pros give it a little more then twice the life but they also have 2 rings compared to the single ring the poulans use. but there bushing wear quick then they lose compression past the crank bushings. when they get hot they lose power until they just wont run anymore..

I have used many top handle saws they are good for climbing, but I wouldnt use them on the ground. as a evryday saw for saftey reasons kickback.

These engines lose the EPA compliant rating because the rings and cylinders get to lose, and dont burn clean anymore.

Husky was bought by electrolux which is poulan, weedeaters, parent company.

I have heard from friends that some of there models are set up just like poulans in orange husky bodys.

Stihl makes good saw also, but I have had a few that were just to hard to start like my old O44-O26.
I repair these saws every day.

Not to be rude but you do not know enough about this.

The single ring vs double ring argument has gone on for years and there is no difference in lifespan. There is a very arguement over at arboristsite.com if you would like to learn about these. If the single vs double ring was true then the 044 wouldnt have had such problems with piston slap when other single ring machines (same size engine) lasted much longer.

The 2 models by Husky (137, 142) are a Poulan frame, but with chromed engine. Husqvarna was owned by electrolux but not now, Husky is basically over Poulan, Weedeater and some good brands as well like Jonsered, Partner as well as some lawn equipment.

Like I said before, 6" and smaller means he is limbing and a top handled machine would be perfect. I have used them for years and do not see how they are dangerous.

Page generated in 0.04196 seconds with 7 queries