View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw man
I repair these saws every day.

Not to be rude but you do not know enough about this.

The single ring vs double ring argument has gone on for years and there is no difference in lifespan. There is a very arguement over at arboristsite.com if you would like to learn about these. If the single vs double ring was true then the 044 wouldnt have had such problems with piston slap when other single ring machines (same size engine) lasted much longer.

The 2 models by Husky (137, 142) are a Poulan frame, but with chromed engine. Husqvarna was owned by electrolux but not now, Husky is basically over Poulan, Weedeater and some good brands as well like Jonsered, Partner as well as some lawn equipment.

Like I said before, 6" and smaller means he is limbing and a top handled machine would be perfect. I have used them for years and do not see how they are dangerous.
Not to be rude to you but working for a week on a saw means nothing to me. I have made my living using them for the past 25 years.

If you had a ever used a saw you would know top handles are much more dangerous. The internet has many people who become experts in Minutes, And I think you are one.
Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dolmar MS-260 C Trimmer
Dolmar MS-260 C
Echo SRM210 Trimmer
Echo PB210 Blower
Green Machine 4600LE
Mclane 801-3.5I/P Edger
Dolmar 5100s Chainsaw
Echo CS-520 Chainsaw
Echo CS-345 Chainsaw

Page generated in 0.04293 seconds with 7 queries