View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Brendan Smith's Avatar
Brendan Smith Brendan Smith is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Darlington, SC
Posts: 1,196
Originally Posted by fulano
If they are just shocks get under the truck and unbolt the old ones and bolt in the new. If they are struts you'll need a strut compactor which you can get on loan from autozone or other autoparts stores. Raise the vehicle and support with jack stands. Then unbolt top of strut usually 3-4 bolts not the center one. Also the bottom bolt in the lower control arm. Then take apart strut and reinstall.
a strut compressor can literally take your head off if you let it slip. best to take off the whole assembly and go to a tire shop. for 10-15 bucks apiece, they'll swap the springs over for you. by saying they are banded, i know you have shocks, but keep this in mind if you ever do a strut.
Don't move your truck for free

words of wisdom as spoken by a l.s. member at work:
"Gotta go, owners coming"
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03782 seconds with 8 queries